Notice is hereby given that Kazakhstan Electricity Grid Operating Company (KEGOC) joint-stock company (hereinafter referred to as 'KEGOC') with the executive office located at: 59 Tauyelsizdik Ave, city of Nur-Sultan, Republic of Kazakhstan in accordance with the decision of the Board of Directors of KEGOC (Minutes No. 4 dated 27 April 2020) will hold the annual General Meeting of Shareholders of KEGOC using absentee voting.
The Meeting is called by the board of directors of KEGOC.
The start and end date for submission of the absentee voting ballots is 28 May 2020.
The date of absentee vote counting is 29 May 2020.
The deadline for finalization of the list of shareholders entitled to participate in the General Meeting of Shareholders is 14 May 2020.
If the list of shareholders authorized to participate and vote at the General Meeting of Shareholders has been completed and a person included into this list has sold thereafter his/her voting shares of KEGOC to another person, then this new shareholder shall receive the right to take part in the General Meeting of Shareholders. The new shareholder shall submit documents certifying the ownership of the shares.
Agenda of the General Meeting of Shareholders:
- Approval of the annual financial statements, distribution of the net income, decision to pay dividends on ordinary shares and approval of the amount of the dividend per one ordinary share of KEGOC for 2019;
- Selection of an audit organization for the audit of KEGOC;
- Review of the claims from the shareholders in relation to activities of KEGOC and its officers and results of consideration of such claims.
The materials on the agenda of the General Meeting of Shareholders will become publicly available from 19 May 2020 onwards on the corporate website of KEGOC www.kegoc.kz in the "Shareholders and Investors - Information disclosure - General meetings - 2020” section.
The manner and procedures for absentee voting:
- shareholders, who send an absentee voting ballot, shall specify their last name, first name and patronymic (if any) / name of the legal entity, the number of voting shares and check one of the voting options;
- If a shareholder is an individual, the absentee voting ballot must be signed by such individual (proxy of such individual) and include the details of the identity document of such individual/proxy.
- the absentee voting ballot is posted on the corporate website of KEGOC in the ‘Shareholders and Investors - Information disclosure - General meetings’ section;
- If a shareholder is a legal entity, the absentee voting ballot shall be signed by the head of the legal entity (or his/her substitute) and sealed (if there is a seal) by such legal entity. If the absentee ballot is signed by the shareholder’s proxy, a copy of the power of attorney or other certificate of authority of the shareholder’s proxy shall be attached to the absentee voting ballot;
The absentee voting ballot shall be considered invalid if unsigned by an individual shareholder or the head of a legal entity shareholder (or his/her substitute) and unsealed by such legal entity (if it has a seal);
- only one of the voting options shall be checked on the absentee voting ballot;
- the absentee voting ballot shall be received by mail (email@example.com) or by courier at KEGOC's office at: 59 Tauyelsizdik Avenue, city of Nur-Sultan, Republic of Kazakhstan, on 23 April 2020.
Other matters regarding the procedure of the General Meeting of Shareholders are governed by the law of the Republic of Kazakhstan ‘On Joint-Stock Companies’, the Charter and the Regulations on the General Meeting of KEGOC’s Shareholders.
The Meeting will be held in accordance with articles 35-52 of the law of the Republic of Kazakhstan ‘On Joint-Stock Companies’.
For any questions regarding the agenda materials and holding of the General Meeting of Shareholders please call at working hours at: +7 (7172) 690 298, 690 297 or post your question on the blog of the chairman of KEGOC’s management board at www.kegoc.kz.