Notice is hereby given that Kazakhstan Electricity Grid Operating Company (KEGOC) joint-stock company (hereinafter referred to as 'KEGOC') with the executive office located at: 59 Tauyelsizdik Ave, city of Nur-Sultan, Republic of Kazakhstan in accordance with the decision of the Board of Directors of KEGOC (Minutes No. 5 dated 19 May 2020) will hold the extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders of KEGOC using the absentee form of voting.
The extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders is called by the Board of Directors of KEGOC.
The start date for submission of absentee voting ballots is 22 June 2020.
The end date for submission of absentee voting ballots is 25 June 2020.
The date of absentee vote counting is 26 June 2020.
The deadline for finalization of the list of shareholders entitled to participate in the General Meeting of Shareholders is 11 June 2020.
If the list of shareholders authorized to participate and vote at the General Meeting of Shareholders has been completed and a person included into this list has sold thereafter his/her voting shares of KEGOC to another person, then this new shareholder shall receive the right to take part in the General Meeting of Shareholders. The new shareholder shall submit documents certifying the ownership of the shares.
Agenda of the General Meeting of Shareholders:
‘On certain matters of the Board of Directors of KEGOC’.
The materials on the agenda of the General Meeting of Shareholders will become publicly available from 16 June 2020 onwards on the corporate website of KEGOC www.kegoc.kz in the "Shareholders and Investors - Information disclosure - General meetings - 2020” section.
The manner and procedures for absentee voting:
- shareholders, who send the absentee voting ballot, shall specify their last name, first name and patronymic (if any) / name of the legal entity, the number of voting shares and check one of the voting options;
- If a shareholder is an individual, the absentee voting ballot must be signed by such individual (proxy of such individual) and include the details of the identity document of such individual/proxy.
- the absentee voting ballot is available for download on the corporate website of KEGOC in the ‘Shareholders and Investors - Information disclosure - General meetings’ section;
- If a shareholder is a legal entity, the absentee voting ballot shall be signed by the head of the legal entity (or his/her deputy) and sealed (if there is a seal) by such legal entity. If the absentee voting ballot is signed by the shareholder’s proxy, a copy of the power of attorney or other certificate of authority of the shareholder’s proxy shall be attached to the absentee voting ballot;
The absentee voting ballot shall be considered invalid if it is not signed by an individual shareholder or the head of a legal entity shareholder (or his/her substitute) and not sealed by such legal entity (if it has a seal);
- only one of the voting options shall be checked in the absentee voting ballot;
- the absentee voting ballot shall be received by mail (email@example.com) or by courier at KEGOC's office at: 59 Tauyelsizdіk Avenue, city of Nur-Sultan, Republic of Kazakhstan, on 25 June 2020.
Other matters regarding the procedure of the General Meeting of Shareholders are governed by the law of the Republic of Kazakhstan ‘On Joint-Stock Companies’, the Charter and the Regulations on the General Meeting of KEGOC’s Shareholders.
The Meeting will be held in accordance with articles 35-52 of the law of the Republic of Kazakhstan ‘On Joint-Stock Companies’.
For any questions regarding the agenda materials and holding of the General Meeting of Shareholders please call at working hours at: +7 (7172) 690 298, 690 297 or post your question on the blog of the chairman of KEGOC’s management board at www.kegoc.kz.